If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Tips for living to 100

Ok, here is another interesting article: "10 Tips for Living to 100" - I first saw it the October 2009 print edition of US News, but the blog article dates from February. Check it out! Check out the online 'life risk calculator' in the blog article.

The ten tip lead lines are [ you really need to read the article to understand them, of course]:
1. Don't retire.
2. Floss every day.
3. Move around.
4. Eat a fiber-rich cereal for breakfast.
5. Get at least six hours of shut-eye.
6. Consume whole foods, not supplements.
7. Be less neurotic. [That was in yesterday's blog, too, as I recall!]
8. Be a creature of habit. [perhaps my favorite!]
9. Live like a Seventh-Day Adventist. [The Life-style, not the religion, I note]
10. Stay connected.

It was another very good day! ;-)

No comments: