If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

The year of 1941 and me - in photos

 

The year of 1941 and me - in photos


Earlier, last week, we looked at some photos from 1939-1940, my first 18 months on this earth.

Today, we will look at four photos from the year 1941. If I should find more, I’ll add them.

Skip to mid-year, I had my usual birthday on July 1, with angel food cake. Note we are now living on ‘the Anderson place’ over on the county line between Carroll and Greene counties. We were a mile and half south and a mile east of the Star Church corner. A mile east and half a mile south of the Smith Homeplace.

I seem to be in social isolation… not much has changed in 79 years, is seems. This was birthday number 2:

 

This one seems to be in the fall on a cool day. Is that a truck I got for my birthday? Who knows? Is that our 1934 Chevy back there??? ;-)


First formal photo - Bill holding a Ball!! How about that outfit???


This final one is at Thanksgiving - still warm, it appears, in Lohrville… coming to life, it seems…
Girls allowed in this one, as well… progress?



I think that is cousin Karen on the left, by the tire, and a neighbor girl on the right...we are in a town, not just family in the afternoon, following Thanksgiving dinner with family.


Families are Forever! ;-)

2 comments:

Annette Lamb said...

Again, I haven't seen many of these before. It's really fun seeing "new" photos. The sailor suit is adorable.

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

I've had most of them together, but, waiting for the right moment and opportunity to post with stories. Think I've found the most useful approach. Thanks for your comments...always keep me going! ;-)