If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

LDS Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah

After the Book Signing in Emporia, KS, on Saturday, June 26, we went on to Goodland, KS, to stay overnight. Then, we went west toward Denver, took the I-470 outer beltway (not a Tollway, though the signs say it is... ) and north on I-25 to Cheyenne. I'll post a photo from there, later.

West to Rock Springs, Wyoming, for the night. Into Salt Lake City on Monday, by way of the King's English Bookstore, and to the Plaza Hotel.

Today, Tuesday, we are in the Library. Here we were arriving this morning - we exchanged taking photos with another family, in the photo below.






We spent the morning on the second floor with the microfilm, seeking hidden treasures, for our genealogy and family history research. Found a few things. After lunch at the snack room, we went to the third floor to check out some books. Now we're back on the second floor, Nancy is looking at some more films. I'm writing this, after checking the other film I wanted to see - nothing useful.

For as congested as the city is, the accommodations and ease of getting around to where we need to go is quite nice. Having a great time.

It is another very good day!  ;-)

1 comment:

Barbara Poole said...

Lucky you in my favorite city. Have fun.