If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Monday, September 21, 2020

The Next Day of the Rest of My Life

 The Next Day of the Rest of My Life

 


My first blog post here on my Retirement Blog was 7 Jun 2008, “The First Day of the Rest of My Life.”

It was then just a year ahead of my retirement in June 2009. I maintained the blog, which became a Travel Blog, as well, through 14 Oct 2015, a trip to Silver Dollar City. It featured Nancy, she loved visits to Silver Dollar City!! ;-)

Nancy left us on 31 Aug 2020 (just had a nice little cry writing that phrase), of course, and now with Fall officially starting tomorrow, the “Next Day” title of this post was created.

I have already pledged to get back to posting in my Ancestor Stories blog.

This will get me back, likely to weekly posts, here in the Retirement and Travel Blog. Not too much traveling, but certainly keeping up with family and personal activities. These have been, since that Oct 2015 post, recorded at Facebook, mine as well as those of Annette, Allison, and Arrion, among other.

Annette and Larry just spend a week with me here in Hollister. Allison, who just lives down the street, fully participated, as well. I’ll be visiting Austin to see the rest of my family 15-19 Oct, so that will complete the loop until Christmas. Kaylee will turn 13 on November 8, if I am correct.

I just took the one photo as Annette and Larry were leaving to go back to Utah. It seemed an appropriate title photo here, but you can draw your own conclusions…

See you down the road… ;-)


 

2 comments:

TK said...

...wunnnnnnderful....I shed a few tears, as well.
<3

Allison said...

Living each day to its fullest is the important thing now!!!