If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Bits and Pieces, etc.

Approaching retirement, especially involving a physical move, requires a lot of sifting and sorting and deciding on pieces of paper and memorabilia ... is this worth keeping, is it disposed of? Do I keep it through one more move, or is this the time to let it go? Will I want it, use it, need it, in the next five to ten years - or not?

I just came across a notebook Nancy and I started, it appears, about 20 years ago. We had started to accumulate some "sayings" or "aphorisms" - they were popular at the time. This list seems to have been from two sources. One was a little set of booklets called "Bits & Pieces" - don't know if it is still published, or not - and the other was "Leaves of Gold" - if I remember correctly.

I'll share one quote from each:
"Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists of not exceeding the limit." Elbert Hubbard. B&P

"Far away there is the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up & see their beauty, believe in them, & try to follow where they lead." Louisa May Alcott, Lof G, p. 41.

It was another good day! ;-)

Dr. Bill ;-)

No comments: