If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin remembered

He is hardly of the same world as Tim Russert, or even Jim McKay, but I do mourn the passing of George Carlin, at age 71. I really appreciated much of what he stood for. He had the smarts and the courage to stand up for what he believed. His tactics were sometimes a bit skewed, but you always knew "where he was coming from!" As he aged, he became more overtly cerebral - which I, for one, appreciated. It helped me understand some of his weirdness as bit better.

I hope he'll be there to keep things straight, and entertain us, if there is a next world to enjoy!

Not withstanding his passage, it is another good day!

Dr. Bill ;-)

No comments: