If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Nature Walk around the property

About noon time I took an exploratory walk around the ten acres here on the side of Boulder Mountain - about a half mile, on the hillsides, all the way around the property. What fun. Next time, I'll take more time to look at some individual features.

I went out the front deck (West), stopped by the sandbox, and walked on up the road to the "turnaround" which is about in the southwest corner of the property. Going a bit south, up the hill, I followed the path that will lead to an eventual neighbor's home site - there is a fire ring there, now. I then took off across the face of the hill, about 50 feet above the property line, for a ways, and called Annette on the walkie-talkie, to be sure it worked. When she came out on the deck with the camera, we discovered it was easier to just talk. Here are the close and distant photos she took there.



I then walked to my left in photo above, east, along the south face, and she moved from the west deck to the east deck and took these photos.



From there, I proceeded further around the hill just a bit and then descended to the wash, just below the house and continued east, just about along the the south property line to near the south east corner.
I was near the road to other neighbors eventual house when I sat on the rock and Annette took another set of photos from the southeast deck corner.


This long shot, with me at the far left and the Capital Reef mummy formation on the Water Pocket Fold to the far right. Teasdale and Torrey are in the valley below.


I went up to the road, walked to the right over behind those trees at far right, where the neighbor's house will be, then returned on the road, to the left, back to the house. A really neat trip!

Yesterday, I got this photo of a blue bird, just off the back deck, near the dining area of the kitchen!


The many hummingbirds, chipmunks, and little tiny lizards are all very active on the hill outside the dining area window, as well. Neat place!  ;-)

It is another very good day!  ;-)

No comments: