If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Monday, February 13, 2012

13 Feb 2012 Snow


13 Feb 2012 Snow


It must be a pretty special winter when I feel compelled to take photos of our snow today about noon. This is our 'biggest snow of the year' so far. And, I walked out in shorts and t-shirt to take them!


It started as big flakes, then a steady stream of 'straight down' regular flakes. Accumulation of probably close to the three inches they predicted... but most melted on the streets, etc. Only stuck to cold surfaces.


Although it 'piled up' on the car, note that ground, under eve, on left, is not even covered.


Up the street to the north. Pretty ferocious storm right? Not!  ;-)


And, of course, the back deck. The cloud cover is still heavy enough I can see our street light is on, just after noon. But, the radar on the computer suggests the 'storm' has mostly passed us by. I don't think it will be in a hurry to melt, but I'm confident it will.

Overall, a pretty nice day - especially to sit in the house, have a bowl of soup, and enjoy!  ;-)

No comments: