If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Music Drama BB High School Activities

 

Music Drama BB High School Activities


I shared the main High School Music Activities on Monday.

Today is a mix of one-offs and my illustrious Basketball career… enjoy…


Meet Señor Bill from the Musical, 'Meet Arizona', Spring of 1954, Freshman year, along with classmate Larry Patrick. It was a small role but I did get to sing in a quartet:

Nancy was in the girls chorus and she was also a dancer. I know I have a photo of that and one with Larry Crimson but they haven’t shown up in recent searches, so we’ll be happy with these memories.


In Sophomore year we did three one-act plays for contest in the spring on 1955. Nancy and I played mother and son, Ma and Willie Joe, in “T’other Side of the Mountain’ in one of them:

I think Linda Pingrey played my sister, a Daisy Mae type character. Much fun!!

I'll share Junior and Senior Class Plays a bit later...

I didn’t get to play basketball my Freshman Year because I scheduled my classes so I would not be available for Football (a story for another day…). So, being behind a year, and not particularly good, I achieved my height in the sport as a Senior, as 6th Man, replaced after a couple of weeks or so by 'up and coming' Sophomores (per the coach). I believe the Year Book records that I scored 16 points in my Varsity Career (never played Jr. Varsity). But I sure looked good!!!


See you down the road…

 

 

4 comments:

Annette Lamb said...

I love all these photos! What fun memories.

TK said...

It looks like Willie Joe is brandishing my guns and holster... were they my Roy Rogers ones ? I'm wondering if I put up a fit for you to "borrow them"... Jim always just stole them to get me upset... hahahahaaaaaa....
Just a speculation... hahahahaaaaaa....

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Thanks, Annette, I'm having a ball, as well... I hope that is ok! ;-)

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Ah.... let me see, as an eleven-year-old, I went to KRNT Theater in Des Moines, in 1950, to see Roy Rogers and Trigger in person... when you were two. Now, were they originally mine, then yours, or.... yours... I have know idea. Great memories for each of us, in any event... Really appreciate your comments, every time you can. I know my memory for details is very poor. I have general memories only. Thank goodness for the photos to help remind us!