If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

The year 1942 and me - in photos

 The year 1942 and me - in photos



Last week we looked at 1941. In Mar 1942, we moved to the farm that Mom and Dad bought and where I lived the rest of my youth.

In this first image, cousin Karen and I are checking out the qualify of the soil, in March, it appears:


In one of my more infamous photos, in May, I’m leading the chickens away from the chicken coop, it appears. In the High School Prophesy, they suggested I would be a chicken farmer… has haunted me all my life! ;-)

In July, Uncle Buzzy and cousin Dave Thomas and I check out the yard east of the house, in front of the “Wash House!” It was already there, and we mostly used it for storage during my years there:


In August, with Grandma Kinnick, cousins Karen and Kathleen, in her back yard in town:


This one is obviously dated 18 Oct 1942… I do not know the occasion:


I do not have a date on this one at family gathering:


Finally, the one on the woven stool…still have that stool, by the way… my artifact for my ancestors:




Families are Forever! ;-)

 

2 comments:

Annette Lamb said...

The chicken photo is one of my all-time favorites.

William L. Smith said...

It has come up over and over... ;-)