If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

The year 1943 and me - in photos

 

The year 1943 and me - in photos


This was the last year before I started to school. It began with what has now become a familiar photo - the first one I have of Nancy and I together in the same photo - dated 14 Jan 1943:

Bob, Bill, Roger, Barbara, Carolyn, Nancy

This was at a gathering of Grandma Kinnick’s Sorensen relatives. I love it, but my Mom, Eileen, always hated it, because she had her hair in curlers to look good later in the day… while the visitors were all dressed already (Especially her cousins from California!). She is right behind me just left of center.


This was a typical gathering at the Leo Kinnick residence, mid-year I am guessing. I’m lower left, holding my Dad’s hand. Cousin Dennis Ford is to the right, looking at Leo.


Here is my birthday photo, assume I got the trike bike for my 4th birthday:


Here is my next favorite photo of the year, with Mom, Buzz (Freshman in High School), and me in the fall, on the road just south of the house, looking east:


Families are Forever! ;-)

See you down the road...


2 comments:

Annette Lamb said...

I REALLY like the year by year approach because it provides insights into how you are connected to the world (and people) around you. It's fascinating.

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

I am pleased that it works well for you. I have really enjoyed attempting to compile the photos I have in this format. Next up, with 44-45, I switch to a school year approach. It has gotten me going, so I supposed that may be the most important thing. It has also gotten me to go back and review many of my posts in the past that I had forgotten about. What fun! Thanks for the comment!!! ;-)