If you enjoy reading this blog, you may also like to read my Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories blog. You can also read about the family stories in my novels at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Friday, October 23, 2020

Trip to Austin, 15-19 October 2020

 

Trip to Austin, 15-19 October 2020


I was able to spend Oct 15-19 in Austin visiting Arrion, Ben, Alex and Kaylee. It was an excellent trip, all around. We mostly just spent time together. Neat, huh?!

I took Kaylee a scarf that Annette had noticed that Nancy had used regularly when Annette was young. Annette especially remembered it from Nancy wearing it over curlers… when did you last wear curlers?? If anyone has a photo with Nancy wearing this scarf, we would love to have a copy!! ;-)


Bandit and I got reacquainted. He gets all excited upon arrival, but then settles in and treated me as a regular family member, after a bit. Here he is begging for attention.


Here, he is social distancing in his own way… most of the time.


We only went out, for a few minutes, to visit the local pumpkin patch at the church next to the high school (I posted this earlier on Facebook). I stayed in the car, but enjoyed seeing the upgrades at the high school.

Before I left, I got ‘formal’ photos of us together:


Alex was 16 last spring, now a Junior in High School.

He continues to grow, as I shrink... ;-)


Kaylee becomes an official teenager in a couple of weeks.

She is in 7th Grade in Middle School.

She is studying Classical Guitar, and plays really well!! ;-)



These photos are on the new Screened in Patio that 

Arrion and Ben have added and enjoyed so much.

It is really neat!! TV, lots of seating, wet bar and barbecue...


See you down the road...

Families are Forever!! ;-)

2 comments:

Annette Lamb said...

Thanks for sharing. What a fun time!

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Yes, it went very well, thank you! No issues at all. Neat! ;-)